At Higgins Appraisal, we strive to provide our clients with a thorough and positive experience of the real estate appraisal process. Over our combined 40 years of real estate appraisal experience, we have become expert real estate appraisers of both residential and commercial properties in Ocean and Monmouth Counties.
We specialize in the Long Beach Island, NJ area:
- Barnegat Light
- Beach Haven
- Beach Haven West
- Brant Beach
- Harvey Cedars
- North Beach
- Ocean Acres
- Ship Bottom
- Stafford Township
- Surf City
More About Us
Our experience has included real estate appraisal reports for both residential and commercial properties for:
- Tax Assessment Appeals – We assist homeowners with the appeal process including providing them with a professional appraisal and appearing before the county or state to provide expert testimony.
- Environmental Appeals – We provide real estate appraisals for tidelands claims and other environmental issues. These appraisals are used by the NJ Department of Environmental Protection to help estimate the value of a certain claim on a property.
- Estate Planning – We help individuals with trusting and gifting situations by providing a professional real estate appraisal for their estate planning needs.
- Employee Relocation – Many companies help relocate their employees. We provide professional real estate appraisal for the relocation company.
- Divorce Settlement – When settling a matrimonial issue, it is sometimes necessary to obtain a professional real estate appraisal for the distribution of assets. We also provide expert testimony for matrimonial issues.
- Bankruptcy Purposes – When individuals are claiming bankruptcy, it is necessary to estimate the market value of a property to help with the bankruptcy process. We provide professional appraisals to help with the bankruptcy process
- Date of Death Evaluations – Where you might need an appraisal of property that states an opinion of what the property was worth on the date that someone passed away, to help with an estate tax situation.
- Expert Testimony – Whether it be a tax appeal, divorce, estate matter, or litigation, we are able to appear in court to testify on behalf of any appraisal we have provided.
- Buying A Home / Obtaining a Mortgage – Banks require appraisals for both the original mortgage (when you buy a house), or if you are re-financing. We provide professional appraisals for both purposes.
- Additional Services – Maybe you’re thinking of listing your property for sale, or something significant has happened recently that could significantly affect the value of your property. We are up-to-date on the real estate market in Ocean and Monmouth County, and would love to help you by providing you with a professional appraisal that estimates the current market value of your property.